Tri Adventure race rules will be used for the Wild Women Adventure Race, in order to make the event safe and fair for all participants. Please familiarise yourself with the rules of the event prior registration. If there are any rules that you are unsure of or that need clarifying, please do not hesitate to contact us, or ask to speak with one of the event directors at registration prior to the event briefing.
Access the Tri Adventure Race Rules – Tri Adventure Race Rules_V1.3 2018
Competitors are required to carry the mandatory items to maximize their safety during the Wild Women Adventure Race. All mandatory equipment will be checked off at registration. Failure to bring the mandatory equipment means no race.
Mandatory equipment may be checked by officials at any time during the event, so must always be carried as specified. If you are unsure about any of your items meeting the event specifications, please check with event directors at registration prior to the start of the event.
Access the mandatory equipment list – printable version.
Watercraft and all watercraft equipment
Watercraft and all watercraft equipment are provided by the event organizers, however competitors may bring their own PFD’s and Paddles, which can be dropped off at HQ before the close of registration. These will be taken to the start of the relevant leg, and returned to HQ at the end of the event.
Mountain bikes can be hired for the event. To hire a mountain bike contact ‘Bike On’ for a great deal. Email email@example.com or phone 07 5474 3322. E-bikes are not permitted in this event.
- Any GPS device. Includes devices that show your position, display maps, distance travelled etc (excludes trackers provided by the organisers).
- Distance measuring devices. Includes foot pod accelerometers, pedometers etc (cycle computers exempt)
- Mobile phones, radios, other communications or internet access devices etc (excluding the compulsory emergency phone sealed prior to the race).
- Maps other than those provided by the organisers (specifically from race start to crossing the finish line. i.e. you may use other maps and information sources for research purposes prior to the start)
- Any motorised bicycles (E-bikes).
- “On Person” items must be carried by each team member at all times. “On Team” items may be spread out amongst team members. These may be checked.
- Specific permitted items include altimeters and cycle computers without GPS.
- Any mountain bike towing systems must have a quick release system to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Manufacturers tags must be left on equipment so officials may inspect the technical specifications.
- Successful teams carry not the lightest equipment, but that most suited to the course/weather.
- Competitors are permitted to use their own PFDs and paddles if they choose.
Tri Adventure Refund Policy
You may cancel your entry at any stage up to 4 weeks before the event by contacting Tri Adventure. A refund of entry fees paid, less 15% administration fee will be made upon your request. If you need to cancel your entry any later than this you will only be refunded 50% of your entry fee up until the closing date for online entries. After the closing date refunds will not be considered.
Event Cancellation Policy
In the event of an ‘act of god’ (fires, floods, etc..) Tri Adventure will attempt to modify the course to enable the event proceed. Organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event if no suitable alternate course is possible. If the event is cancelled or postponed no refunds will be made.